BC Hockey offers both Competitive and Recreational Senior Hockey Programs. Contact either the Male or Female BC Hockey Senior / Recreational Divisional Director for more information about BC Hockey Senior Hockey Programs.
Both Male and Female Senior Hockey can be divided into two streams:
Adult Recreation Hockey
MEMBER OF ONE, MEMBER OF BOTH
As you may be aware, we’re pleased to announce that Hockey Canada and Canlan Ice Sports have partnered with a 5-year agreement in Adult Recreational Hockey to provide Adult Recreational Hockey players in Canada with access to the most comprehensive program for Adult Rec Leagues in the country.
As an Affiliate League of the Adult Safe Hockey Network, your league or pickup group will continue to enjoy Insurance Coverage from Hockey Canada’s Sport Accident Insurance, as well as new features to the program, including:
- Player Membership with the brand-new ASHN/Hockey Canada Membership Loyalty Program
- Free use of the ASHN’s free online statistics system for your league/pickup group
- Prizing credit and discounts on Licensed Hockey Canada Prizing
- Qualification opportunities for the ASHN North American Championships, Canada’s top recreational hockey tournament
- Discounted membership fees for existing members of Hockey Canada
- And more!
2012/13 MEMBERSHIP FEE
$24.00* (including tax) | Membership valid for 1 calendar year
* Current Members of Hockey Canada (Carded Coaches, Trainers, Officials, or Team Personnel) will receive a discounted rate of $15.
Beginning August 7th, Registration for the Fall/Winter 2012-13 season will officially open.
League Managers should contact the ASHN to begin the Registration Process as the Online Registration will result in some changes from the previous Registration process.
A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
The mission of the ASHN is to provide our Affiliate Leagues with premier services and continued support through this world class program. The ASHN and Hockey Canada have a commitment to the sustained growth of Adult Rec Hockey in Canada and will continue to strive towards offering a dynamic program that provides our sanctioned leagues with Premier Insurance Coverage, Player Membership Rewards, Online Stats & Schedules, and a continually evolving program.
For more information on the ASHN/Hockey Canada Program, please contact Scott Campbell using the following contact information:
Scott Campbell, ASHN Coordinator
Phone: 416-661-5425 x116
All tournament organizers looking to sanction a tournament within your region, can do so VIA Scott Campbell at Canlan (email@example.com
/ 416-661-5425 x. 116)
- Tournament Applications and Roster Forms are attached
- 2013 NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP – Add this powerpoint and the reg forms.
Competitive Senior Hockey
Senior Female Hockey (Competitive) is for the more serious teams that play competitively, striving for Branch, Regional and National supremacy. BC Hockey offers the following categories:
- Senior A – Teams vie for the Branch Championship and represent BC Hockey at the Western Shield (Western Canada Championship)
- Senior AA – Teams vie for the Branch Championship and represent BC Hockey in the highest division at the Western Shield (Western Canada Championship)
- Senior AAA – Teams vie for Branch Championships. BC Hockey team(s) may also play in the NWHL (National Women’s Hockey League) and as such play nationally for a league championship.
Competitive players also have the opportunity to attend open try-outs to play for Team BC for competition in the Esso Women’s National Championship as a part of the BC Hockey High Performance Program.
For more information on Senior female competitive categories contact the BC Hockey Senior / Recreational Female Divisional Director.
Senior Male Hockey (Competitive) is for the more serious teams that play competitively, striving for Branch and national supremacy. BC Hockey offers the following categories:
- Senior AA – Teams vie for Branch Championships – the Coy Cup.
- Senior AAA – Teams vie for Branch Championships – the Savage Cup. Branch Champions then enter Inter-Branch competition leading to the Pacific Region Championship (Doug McKenzie Cup) and the National Championship (Allan Cup).
- Senior C – BC Hockey has instituted a Senior C category to encourage fledgling Post-Secondary hockey (C denoting College) in the Branch. It is hoped that this category will receive full championship status in the near future.
For more information on Senior male competitive categories contact the BC Hockey Senior / Recreational Male Divisional Director.
Championships (Male and Female)
As part of the annual BC Hockey Championships, BC Hockey senior teams may compete to become the BC Hockey Champion. Championships for the following division and category may occur:
Male Senior AAA (Savage Cup)
Male Senior AA (Coy Cup)
Male Senior C
Female Senior AAA
Female Senior AA
Female Senior A
The BC Champions may have a chance to advance to compete for National or Regional championships such as the Allan Cup and Western Shield.