Please be advised of the following information regarding Female Midget AAA Team Applications:
o Applications to register a Female Midget AAA team must include the following:
- District letter of support/non support including the District position on the overall application and draw zone
- Proposed player draw zone
- A guarantee of two practice ice times per week, each to be one and a quarter (1.25) hours in length
- A guarantee on the provision of all game ice stipulated to meet league requirements
- One league weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) within the league season (October – February)
o Nine (9) games (based on a six team league)
- Each league game will consist of 2.5 hours of playing time
· Note that league weekend designations are determined at a pre-season orientation meeting
o The BC Hockey Executive Committee will consider applications from Host Associations by March 15th.
o In order to be considered on March 15th, team host applications must be received by the BC Hockey Executive Director prior to 4:30 pm on March 1st.
o June 15 is final date to withdraw an application to participate in the BC Hockey Female Midget AAA League for the upcoming season
o Teams approved for participation in the Female Midget AAA League will be limited based on the number of female players registered in the area. The allotment of teams per district will be: North 1, Kootenay 1, Okanagan 1, Island 1 and Pacific Coast 3.
To be included in the initial round of Female Midget AAA Team application reviews, please submit team applications by January 31, 2013. Applications will be accepted until March 1st.
Please contact the writer should you have any questions regarding this registration process. Questions on the Female Midget AAA League may be directed to League Chair Lochie Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.