The following is an overview of the Membership Application process for the 2018-2019 season.
It is important to note that all returning members are required to apply for membership with BC Hockey each season.
- The Membership Application will be available online beginning on April 1, details below:
- Located at: www.bchockey.net/Administration/Applications.aspx
- The online form is for use by all member Associations, Teams, Leagues and Districts.
- All applications are due by May 31, 2018.
- Upon receipt of the application, all members will be invoiced membership fees.
- There are three (3) mandatory items required as part of the Membership Application process:
- The first step will be a membership survey, upon completion of the survey you will be given a unique password and directed to the Membership Application form.
- Minor Hockey Associations and District Associations are required to submit their screening processes as per BC Hockey Policy 5.08; this can be uploaded at time of application.
- All applicants are required to submit their Constitution, Bylaws and Regulations as verification for Bylaw 202 and 203; this can be uploaded at time of application.
- Name Changes:
- Organizations that adjust their name from the previous season will be flagged during the review of your membership application for consideration by the BC Hockey Board of Directors. During this process our office may be in contact seeking any necessary information required in the approval process. An organization that wishes to change their name at any point after the May 31 should notify our office immediately in writing, stating any background information for the name change.
- Personnel Changes:
- Should an organization have a change in personnel during the season we ask that you please advise the BC Hockey office so that our records can be as up to date and accurate as possible.
- Paid Employees/Personnel:
- A new section has been added to the Membership application starting for the 2018-2019 season asking for feedback on Paid Employees/Personnel.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated assistance in dealing with this process. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact the BC Hockey office, 250-652-2978 or firstname.lastname@example.org.