Welcome to the Enhanced Services web page.
At the 2015 Annual General Meeting (AGM) a successful workshop was held in which local Association successes, challenges and needs were examined. At the conclusion of the workshop, delegates were asked to consider options for BC Hockey in delivering "enhanced services" to assist in building stronger organizations. The general agreement reached by those in attendance has led to the formation of this web page and a proposed webinar series during 2015-2016.
Immediately following the AGM workshop, Minor Hockey Associations that were at the seminar, as well as those that were not, were given the opportunity to respond to a questionnaire on the enhanced services concept. In the survey they were asked two (2) questions:
Question one (1) measured member support of delivery options to enhance the development of local organizations. Five (5) options were proposed and respondents indicated their degree of support for each of these options. The following is the response for options that are highly supported or supported:
- The second question was posed to examine topics that should be addressed in any of the five (5) enhanced service options previously questioned. What priority did people place on addressing 14 different topics in the delivery of enhanced services? The following is the percent of responses indicating topics ranked as a high priority:
For complete Enhanced Services Survey Results, CLICK HERE.
Based on these results BC Hockey is pursing two (2) options immediately;
- A series of professional development webinars
- This web page, to be used for accessing
- Submissions (best practices) from other members
- Links to other web sites and general information toward professional development
In addition development in the other delivery options is ongoing.