Upcoming Events U15
Region Camp - North
|March 26 - 28, 2018
||CN Centre and Kin Centre, Prince George
Region Camp - Okanagan/Kootenay
|March 22 - 25, 2018
||South Okanagan Events Centre. Penticton
Region Camp - Lower Mainland
|March 29 - April 1, 2018
||8 Rinks, Burnaby
Region Camp - Vancouver Island
|March 29-April 1, 2018
||Shawnigan Lake School Arena, Shawnigan Lake
||May 10 - 13, 2018
||South Okanagan events centre, Penticton
For the 2018 - 2019 season, only male players born in 2004 will be eligible to participate.
1. Regional Camps - Various Dates and Locations
Players born in 2004 are welcome to attend the the three (3) day camp within the zone their custodial parents(s) reside. Players will go through numerous on and off ice training and skills development sessions. Player attendance and participation at the U15 Regional Camps, combined with in-year evaluation, will determine players that will be selected to attend the U15 Provincial Tournament.
2. Provincial Tournament - May 10 - 13, 2018 - South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC
Based on performance at the Region Camps, the top 160 players will be selected to participate in the Male U15 Provincial Tournament. Eight (8) jamboree-style teams will be formed for the event.
As part of the event, BC Hockey and the Western Hockey League (WHL) bring WHL Combine Testing to:
- Assist hockey players with skill development through a national skill testing program
- Utilize the latest in combine testing technology
- Present players with sport testing results in a national database
- gives players a ranking within the database
- identifies key areas for improvement
The WHL Combine Testing will include an on and off ice session. The players will be provided with the data at the end of the competition.