|May 11 - 14, 2017
For the 2017 - 2018 season, only male players born in 2004 will be eligible to participate.
1. Regional Camps - Various Dates and Locations
Players born in 2003 are welcome to attend the the three (3) day camp within the zone their custodial parents(s) reside. Players will go through numerous on and off ice training and skills development sessions. Player attendance and participation at the U15 Regional Camps, combined with in-year evaluation, will determine players that will be selected to attend the U15 Tournament.
2. Provincial Tournament - May 11 - 14, 2017 - South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC
Based on performance at the Region Camps, the top 160 players will be selected to participate in the Male U15 Provincial Tournament. Eight (8) jamboree-style teams will be formed for the event.
As part of the event, BC Hockey and the Western Hockey League (WHL) bring WHL Combine Testing to:
- Assist hockey players with skill development through a national skill testing program
- Utilize the latest in combine testing technology
- Present players with sport testing results in a national database
- gives players a ranking within the database
- identifies key areas for improvement
The WHL Combine Testing will include an on and off ice session. The players will be provided with the data at the end of the competition.
About the Male U15 Program of Excellence
BC Hockey’s Male U15 Program of Excellence (POE) was introduced in April 2015 with open Regional Camps. Players were be evaluated at the Regional Camps and the top 160 players selected attend the Provincial Tournament.