When renting a facility to use as part of hockey programming or an approved special event, the facility may request that you provide proof of insurance.
Please note that if an event falls outside of regular hockey programming, ie, team games and practices, a Special Event Sanction must be approved so that insurance coverage is extended to that cover that event before it will be possible to issue proof of insurance by way of a Certificate of Insurance.
Requesting a Certificate of Insurance
- A Certificate of Insurance Request Form should be completed and submitted to the BC Hockey office at least 7-10 business days prior to the start of the event. This form can be found on the forms page of the website.
- The form must be completed in full.
- The “Certify to:” line should be filled in with the name of the organization / company requesting proof of insurance.
- When listing dates, it is acceptable to list a span of dates.
- A copy of the terms and conditions from your lease / contract agreement should be included with the Certificate of Insurance Request Form. The lease agreement, or terms of agreement, specifies many of the details needed for issuing the Certificate of Insurance, such as whether any entities need to be listed as additional insured, the required minimum coverage, etc.