Please note that BC Hockey Senior Male teams must voluntarily enroll in the Hockey Canada Insurance Program if they wish to receive any medical or dental coverage through the Branch.
Please note the following procedure in regards to Major Medical / Dental Coverage under the Hockey Canada Insurance Program:
1. When applying online for membership, teams will be required to select whether they wish to receive Major Medical / Dental Coverage through the Branch. If the team declines this coverage, the team with have NO MEDICAL OR DENTAL COVERAGE OF ANY KIND through the Branch.
2. After a team’s membership has been approved:
- Teams that have opted for coverage will be invoiced with their other membership fees.
i. Insurance fees will be calculated using the previous season’s HCR numbers and adjusted at the end of the current season.
ii. A team wishing to insure volunteers through the Hockey Canada Insurance Program is to enter those volunteers in the HCR. If their specific position is not listed in the HCR, please use “Volunteer.” If these individuals are not entered in the HCR, they will have NO medical or dental coverage through our insurance program.
- Teams that have declined coverage will be sent a “Major Medical / Dental Voluntary Insurance” form. This form must be completed, signed and returned to the BC Hockey office by the deadline. If the team has changed their mind about enrollment, there will be an option on the form to indicate that change.
- Players - $35.00 per player
- Coaches and bench staff - $1.50 per person (no additional charge – included in participant assessment fees)
- Additional volunteers and executive other than bench personnel - $1.50 per person