The BC Hockey Credentials Committee for the 2015 BC Hockey Annual General Meeting has been appointed in accordance with BC Hockey By-Law Six, paragraph 604. The committee members are:
An outline of the Credentials Committee Guidelines is below for your information.
Credentials Committee Guidelines
- The Credentials Committee will deal with all questions regarding the AGM Voting Delegate / Proxy forms submitted by BC Hockey members (including those submitted to the office prior to AGM and / or those submitted at the AGM).
- The Credentials Committee will deal with all questions regarding Delegate Voting Cards. Voting cards are presented to AGM delegates based on prior season’s registration of Association / Teams & Leagues. All outstanding accounts and current registration fees are to be paid prior to voting cards presented to delegates.
- The AGM Registration desk is responsible for the administration of Delegate / Proxy voting forms and the distribution of Voting Cards. In all situations that may arise at the Registration Desk with respect to the eligibility of votes received, the delegate will be directed to the Credentials Committee for clarification of the rules governing eligibility of votes.
- The basis for decisions by the Credentials Committee in matters of the determination of voting eligibility will be BC Hockey By-Law Nine (see below) and the financial records of BC Hockey.
- All matters to be heard by the Credentials Committee shall be forwarded in writing, and are to contain a summary of all factors of the complaint / dispute.
By-Law Nine, Paragraph 907:
At the Annual General Meeting and all Special General Meetings of the Society, member Teams, District Amateur Hockey Associations, Leagues and Associations duly organized and affiliated for the season immediately following, in active competition during the year preceding the Annual General Meeting, and in good standing shall be entitled to be represented by delegates and exercise votes as follow:
- Each team registered on Hockey Canada registration certificates - one (1) vote.
- Each District Amateur Hockey Association - one (1) vote for the Association and one (1) vote for each registered League, Pee Wee and above, within which Hockey Canada registered Teams participate.
- Each Amateur Hockey Association - one (1) vote.
- Each Amateur Hockey League - one (1) vote.
- Each Recreational Team (above minor) - one (1) vote.
- Associate members shall not be entitled to vote
By-Law Nine, Paragraph 910:
A delegate or Society’s Executive Committee member may bear proxy and voting privileges for not more than three (3) Teams, Leagues or Associations but in no case shall such delegate or Society’s Executive Committee member have more than three (3) votes.