The following is an overview of the Membership Application process for the 2020-2021 season. It is important to note that all returning members are required to apply for membership with BC Hockey each season.
1. The Membership Application will be available online beginning on April 1, details below:
2. There are three (3) mandatory items required as part of the Membership Application process:
- The first step will be a membership survey, upon completion of the survey you will be given a unique password and directed to the Membership Application form. Click here to view the questions in advance and gather accurate information from your organization representatives to prepare for the survey.
- Minor Hockey Associations and District Associations are required to submit their screening processes as per BC Hockey Policy 5.08; this can be uploaded at time of application.
- All applicants are required to submit their Constitution, Bylaws and Regulations as verification for Bylaw 203 and 213; this can be uploaded at time of application.
3. Name Changes:
- Organizations that adjust their name from the previous season will be flagged during the review of your membership application for consideration by the BC Hockey Board of Directors. During this process our office may be in contact seeking any necessary information required in the approval process. An organization that wishes to change their name at any point after the May 31 should notify our office immediately in writing, stating any background information for the name change.
4. Personnel Changes:
- Should an organization have a change in personnel during the season we ask that you please advise the BC Hockey office so that our records can be as up to date and accurate as possible.
5. Certificate of Good Standing:
- A section has been added to the Membership Application asking to submit a recent Societies Act Certificate of Good Standing, this can be uploaded at time of application.
6. Membership Fees:
- Membership fees will not be invoiced until Hockey Canada Return to Play is announced.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated assistance in dealing with this process. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact the BC Hockey office, 250-652-2978 or firstname.lastname@example.org.